Site powered by WP Engine MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Tuesday, December 12th, 2017

Electrical issues caused Talbot Street fire

UPDATE: Electrical issues have been determined as the cause of fire that destroyed the back portion of a home on Talbot Street on Monday afternoon. Damage is estimated at $250,000.

Firefighters were assisted on the scene by EMS monitoring for heat exhaustion. One firefighter was treated at Picton hospital, and released. The OPP also assisted with the investigation and traffic control.

One family dog and two cats perished at the scene.

 

SEPT. 25 – Prince Edward County firefighters are extinguishing hot spots in a house fire after quickly knocking the blaze down Monday afternoon. They were on the scene at the height of the day’s extreme heat (humidex values approaching 40 degrees F.)

The call to 32 Talbot St., Picton came just before 1 p.m. While firefighters lept into action, police closed off the area between Argyle Crescent and Rogers.

Residents Don King and Roy Pennell, co-owners of Portabella restaurant in Picton, were not at home when fire broke out.

Filed Under: Local News

About the Author:

RSSComments (3)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

  1. bryan says:

    sorry Don and Roy sorry I love my baby I know you love baby

  2. Lori Cairns says:

    I am so very sorry for the loss of your furry family members. Heartbreaking.

  3. Ingrid Bronson says:

    Another great thank you for our fire fighters, observant neighbours and our caring community!

  • RECENT COMMENTS
  • Archives
  • OPP reports
    lottery winners
    FIRE
    SCHOOL
    Contact MP Neil Ellis MPP Todd Smith
    County Traders Eurotech

    HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
    © Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2017 • All rights reserved.