All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Sunday, April 14th, 2024

Wellington Elks feed need to support County’s hospital

Dinners hosted by the Wellington Elks Lodge #566 have helped to feed the need for funds at the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation.

Dave Bowden, president of the Wellington Elks, presented the foundation (PECMHF) with a $1,000 gift from funds raised through dinners hosted over the past year.

“The Elks members thank all those who continue to support our events. Ongoing attendance at our dinners has helped us to raise these funds. The lodge is proud to be able to give back to our community, including this gift to our local hospital,” said Bowden. “It is important to keep our current hospital well-equipped as anyone could have occasion to need these services. The Elks look forward to seeing a new hospital one day, but, in the meantime, we must maintain the current hospital.”

Shannon Coull, executive director of the foundation expressed gratefulness for the donation and for being included in the Elks funding initiatives over the past 22 years.

“We are also pleased to share that over those years, the Wellington Elks have invested more than $10,000 in our hospital with this gift.”

Coull emphasized how important it is for communities to help fund their local hospitals, as the government does not fund medical equipment purchases.

“We can’t equip the hospital with leading-edge equipment or realize our dream of building a new hospital without our donors. The foundation plays a critical role in providing funding for essential, specialized equipment and redevelopment.

“Donor dollars go a long way toward improving care for residents in our community who need treatment close to home,” she said.

“We are so grateful to live in this generous community, which ensures we have a vibrant hospital, soon to be rebuilt, and equipped with the best medical equipment possible.”

The foundation is raising $27M to help build and equip the new 96k square foot, leading-edge hospital scheduled to open in 2027, with shovels anticipated to go into the ground in summer 2024.

The $27M will cover 10 per cent of the bricks and mortar component of the hospital build and 100 per cent of the medical equipment. The other 90 per cent of the hard construction costs will be covered by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.

The foundation has raised $20M in pledges and cash toward this goal, leaving approximately $7M to raise.

Those who give a gift to PECMHF’s Back the Build campaign in December and January will have it matched by the Hospital auxiliary. Visit www.pecmhf.ca or call 613-476-1008 ext. 4502 for details.

Filed Under: cheersNews from Everywhere Else

About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Janice-Lewandoski
Home Hardware Picton Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2024 • All rights reserved.