All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Monday, October 18th, 2021

Wellington hoedown kicks in funds for Hospice

The Wellington on the Lake Hoedown Committee presented $3473.55 to Linda Veenstra, Events Lead for Hospice Prince Edward – funds raised by residents at WOTL who enjoyed an evening of dance, great food and fun outbidding one another on silent auction items.

Hospice Prince Edward promotes quality of life, dignity in death, and grief and bereavement support for all those living with, or affected by, a life-limiting illness. As part of the services is a three-bedroom home in Picton for individuals and families unable to remain in their own homes.

Since it first opened in August 2013, the Downes Avenue Picton residence has seen 254 residents make use of the facility. Ninety-two of those were people living at home in Prince Edward County and 87 came from Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital. Thirty-nine were patients from Belleville General Hospital, 12 were from Kingston General Hospital and eight from Trenton Memorial Hospital. Sixteen came from other areas.

All services offered by Hospice Prince Edward are provided free of charge to residents of the community.

Hospice Prince Edward is a registered charity and while about 22 per cent of its funding comes from the South East Local Health Integration Network, the remainder, about 78 per cent, comes solely from donations and fundraising events.

Filed Under: cheersNews from Everywhere Else

About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Christine Henden
Tony Scott Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2021 • All rights reserved.