All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Thursday, December 3rd, 2020

Chimney fire knocked down quickly

PEC firefighters quickly knocked down a chimney fire near the Girl Guide Camp at Waupoos Monday – saving the family dogs and almost all of the tenants’ belongings. The blaze was spotted by a passerby who called 911 from a neighbour’s house.

Filed Under: Featured Articles

Tags:

About the Author:

RSSComments (4)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

  1. Susan McIntosh says:

    It was quite a day and one that turned out for the better! What a terrific fire department you have. I’d have to say the first responder was there within 10 minutes, then the rest of the crew. And our apolgies to Richard (herein after known to us as shower-man) for probably startling him and his dog in the middle of an otherwise peaceful day. LOL. I said to Karen, “that’s heck of way to meet your neighbours!”

  2. Elinore Rietdyk says:

    So very glad that this was spotted quickly, and that no one was hurt!

  3. Liz Howes says:

    Many thanks to all involved…..thank you doesn’t seem adequate!! Interesting to note that Karen and Susan tried to use their cell phone to call 911 and the call bounced to the States…luckily our neighbour, Richard, was just getting out of the shower when they knocked on his door to use a land line!!!

  4. Warren Snyder says:

    My sister-in-law Susan McIntosh of Abbotsford, BC was the person who saw the fire and alerted the neighbours while en route to visit the new home of a new Picton part-time resident Karen Barkley who recently took over a nearby property.

    Karen is from Morrisburg, now also living in Toronto.

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Christine Henden
Tony Scott Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2020 • All rights reserved.