All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Monday, April 12th, 2021

Update: Man, women and homeowner now charged following home invasion

UPDATE April 23:  Acting of new information, Prince Edward County OPP with the assistance of the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit, returned to the scene of the crime, Wednesday, April 22 at 4:35 p.m. to execute a Criminal Code of Canada search warrant. OPP seized weapons and a small quantity of marijuana.

The OPP arrested a 25-year old Prince Edward County man. The accused is charged with the following offences:
·Aggravated Assault, contrary to Section 268 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
·Weapon Possession for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to Section 88 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
·Possession of a Substance Included in Schedule II Substance, contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused was held in police custody awaiting a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice, Belleville.

A man and a woman are in custody following a home invasion on Rednersville Road, west of Rossmore, Tuesday afternoon.

Prince Edward OPP report the two, one armed with a weapon, broke into the County Road 3 residence Tuesday afternoon and were confronted by the home owner.

The OPP stated an altercation ensued and both suspects fled the premises – one had been injured.

The OPP, with the assistance of Belleville police, apprehended the suspects in Belleville a short time later. The male accused was treated at hospital for minor injuries. The home owner was not injured.

A a 26-year old Belleville woman was charged with breaking and entering with intent, assault with a weapon and mischief under $5,000. A 36-year old Belleville man faces the same charges, and was also charged with uttering threats.

Both are to appear at a bail hearing at  Belleville Wednesday. The Prince Edward County OPP Crime Unit investigation continues.

Filed Under: Local News

About the Author:

RSSComments (9)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

  1. Emily says:

    The police are held in question more and more for good reason. The trust factor from years gone has been greatly reduced.

  2. Wilson says:

    Kawartha Dave a police charge is not a conviction!!!

  3. Hildagard says:

    Quintenews.ca had no problem announcing the names of the 2 who broke into the house!

  4. Emily says:

    Now the home owner is charged. Sounds like a deal turned sour!

  5. Theresa Durning says:

    If the update is on the OPP website, then the OPP decide whether or not they will publicize the names of the accused/charged/convicted. Likely the publishers of this page, got this information from the OPP and didn’t know who the the accused were. I like the point made, if the accused/charged hasn’t been convicted why try them in a publication.

  6. Marnie says:

    Why bother at all with reporting these incidents without names? Such anonymous scenarios do little more than fill space. Some names are published, others are not revealed. It should be all or nothing except when revealing an identity could also identify a victim i.e a sexual assault case.

  7. T J says:

    Maybe we should wait until charged people are actually convicted of their crimes before their names are published and then publish all of them

  8. Kawartha Dave says:

    All names should be published but it may not be the OPP that makes the decision. Sometimes it is the publishing media. Any names that appear as charged on a police report should be published.

  9. Gilbert says:

    Why do we publish the names of people driving under the influence but not of people who break and enter? How does the OPP determine who to publicly shame?

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Christine Henden
Tony Scott Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2021 • All rights reserved.