All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Friday, April 23rd, 2021

Propane cylinder explodes at recycling plant

propane-cylinderA small fire broke out at the recycling plant in Trenton at approximately 12:30 p.m. Monday, May 30.

Dan Orr, Quinte Waste Solutions communications co-ordinator, said the cause of the fire was a small propane cylinder that made its way into a baler, then exploded.

“The fire was was quickly contained by the Quinte West Fire Department,” said Orr. “There were no injuries.”

Orr reminds residents that propane cylinders are not allowed in the blue box, or in carts at apartment buildings, campgrounds or marinas. They must be taken to a household hazardous waste depot for proper disposal.

Filed Under: Local News

About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Christine Henden
Tony Scott Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2021 • All rights reserved.