All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Thursday, February 2nd, 2023

Garbage bag tags now $3.25

County of Prince Edward garbage bag tags will cost $3.25 as of Jan. 20, 2023.

Council approved the increase, among others, at its regular meeting in December noting the increase helps offset increased expenditures related to operating the partial user-pay program.

Funds generated by bag tags cover approximately 41 per cent of the County’s solid waste management program, while the remaining 59 per cent is covered by the general tax base.

The municipality last increased the bag tag fee in 2012.

As of Jan. 20, any pink garbage bag tags purchased within the County will cost $3.25 per tag; any pink tags purchased prior are still permitted for use on bags placed outside for curbside pickup.

Residents may place a maximum of two tagged bags per week at the curb, and commercial businesses may place a maximum of five tagged bags per week by 7 a.m.

Filed Under: News from Everywhere Else

About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Comments are closed.

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Christine Henden
Tony Scott Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2023 • All rights reserved.