All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Sunday, December 5th, 2021

Three break-ins reported at Rossmore businesses

Prince Edward County OPP is investigating three break and enters at Highway 62 Rossmore businesses.

Friday, July 8 at approximately 6:10 a.m., police received a call reporting a break and enter to a business in the area. Shortly after, a report was received that a second and third business had been broken into.

PEC OPP Community Safety officer Connor Durkin reports the estimated value of the thefts is currently set at more than $700. The amount of damage to the businesses is as yet unknown.

Police seek the assistance of the public. If anyone has any information, contact the Prince Edward County OPP Detachment at 1-888-310-1122 or 1-888 -310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.

Filed Under: Local News

About the Author:

RSSComments (10)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

  1. Gary says:

    I think if someone fell head first out of a bar and then created an assault guise that a criminal act took place. The mystery is how the police bought into it!

  2. Chuck says:

    I believe reporting that you were assaulted and resulting in extensive police resources being tied up when nothing occurred, that would be a crime.

  3. Marnie says:

    Obviously the individual who falsely claimed to have been assaulted was experiencing problems. Do we really need to know any more? There was no victim and no crime had been committed. Maybe we should demonstrate a little more confidence in the ability of the police to decide what information it is necessary to release.

  4. Chuck says:

    Dennis; if you are looking for more clarity from the police don’t hold your breath. Do you recall the sexual assault in Picton they announced a couple months back with a description of the attacker? Then a week later they just reported there was no assault, nothing else.

  5. Dennis Fox says:

    Jason – good point, but the story doesn’t explain that – it just reads that the police responded to a call re: the first break in at 6:10 am and doesn’t indicate when any of them took place. If the calls are coming in several hours after the crimes(as you suggest), then the criminals could be on a slow boat to China by the time our police know about it. Perhaps an article explaining more could clarify the situation for the reader.

  6. Jason Parks says:

    I’d read it again Dennis. The call to the OPP was made at 6:10 am reporting the break in. It likely still took place over night.

  7. Dennis Fox says:

    The story reports that the first break in occurred at “approximately” 6:10 am – which sounds pretty exact to me. Also, the time doesn’t make sense to me – why plan an illegal event when many people are up and going to work? No, I don’t think we can blame any event in Belleville – to me it sounds like a local who knows the habits of those he/she robbed – and then went onto work like nothing happened. Oh, what a world!

  8. lucy says:

    it seems they are making their way around PEC?……many break ins in Picton early spring…….then bloomfield. a few weeks ago Wellington got hit ……and now rossmore.

    maybe different theives but im wondering if its the same ones.

  9. Gary says:

    Well if this is factual what do the police have to say about it?

  10. Sue Purdy says:

    This happens every time there is an event with a midway setup in Zwick’s Park??? Both sides of the bridge get hit!

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Christine Henden
Tony Scott Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2021 • All rights reserved.