All County, All the Time Since 2010 MAKE THIS YOUR PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY HOME...PAGE!  Monday, April 15th, 2024

Wilson Road home destroyed in fire; friends set up Go Fund Me page to help

Prince Edward County Fire & Rescue responded to a structure fire on Wilson Road shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday night.

Fire Chief Chad Brown states two occupants were home at the time of the fire, and escaped without injury.

“The structure was fully involved when crews arrived and took about an hour and a half to bring under control. The residential structure is a complete loss with an estimated value of $750,000. The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental.”

Brown reminds residents that smoke and CO alarms are required in residential properties.

“These alarms serve as early detection of fire and CO and notifies occupants of unsafe environments so they have time to safely escape. Please check your smoke and CO alarms to ensure they are working in your home today.”

Friends Nicole and Sean Conley have set up a Go Fund Me page for Steve Graham and his two children Evan and Mylee who lost everything in the fire.

“Everyone is okay thankfully, however everything they once had has been destroyed. I am looking for donations to replace things like clothing, to provide funds for any expenses they may have during the process of getting a new home as well as any help with cost of food and house hold supplies that will need to be replaced. Anything helps even just sharing this page to others . I thank each of you in advance for helping this family during such a tragic time.”

Click here to visit the Go Fund Me page 

Filed Under: Local News

About the Author:

RSSComments (1)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

  1. Gregary says:

    I am sorry for what has happened.

OPP reports
lottery winners
FIRE
SCHOOL
Elizabeth Crombie Janice-Lewandoski
Home Hardware Picton Sharon Armitage

HOME     LOCAL     MARKETPLACE     COMMUNITY     CONTACT US
© Copyright Prince Edward County News countylive.ca 2024 • All rights reserved.